Opera House Cup News
Opera House Cup Update
July 24, 2020
Dear Opera House Cup participants,
We are pleased to inform you that the 48th Opera House Cup Regatta will be held on Sunday, August 16, 2020. The NOR is HERE, and online registration is available HERE. We have reduced the registration fee this year. If you have trouble registering, please email firstname.lastname@example.org and we will help you. This year, in honor of our loyal OHC competitors, we are making a 48th Anniversary Opera House Cup t-shirt with the name of all 2020 registered boats on the back. One shirt is included with your registration, and you can purchase additional shirts. Please try to register by July 31 (or inform us of your intent) so that we have time to get the shirts made.
Please note that the following guidelines are in effect, in conformance with MA guidelines for Youth and Adult Amateur Sports Activities, as of July 24, 2020:
- Face coverings and social distancing are required
- There are no shore-side events (no skipper's check-in, social events, awards ceremonies)
- Frequent hand-washing and/or sanitizing is encouraged
- Visitors to MA must adhere to a 14 day quarantine, except those from NY, NJ, CT, RI, VT, NH, and ME.
Please note that the previous limitation of three crew members per boat has been lifted.
In addition, there are some other changes to be aware of:
- We are unable to provide complimentary moorings this year, so you will have to make your own arrangements. Mooring and dock space contact information is in the NOR.
- Public launch service is limited, so either come to shore by your own tender or plan ahead accordingly.
- Both the Nantucket Yacht Club and the Great Harbor Yacht Club facilities and launches are restricted to members-only.
- We are planning a pursuit start for the race this year instead of our regular start groups.
- We will post results online following the race, and will notify the winners to pick up their trophies at the Nantucket Community Sailing office.
As always, we value your participation and suggestions for the event. We look forward to seeing you in a few weeks!
The Opera House Cup Committee