Opera House Cup News
Opera House Cup and Nantucket Regatta Update
July 7, 2022
NOTICE OF RACE and SOCIAL EVENTS FOR THE NANTUCKET REGATTA AND THE 50th OPERA HOUSE CUP REGATTA
July 7, 2022
The Notice of Race documents for the Nantucket Regatta presented by Triago, August 19-20, 2022, and the 50th Opera House Cup Regatta presented by Blue Flag Partners, August 21, 2022 are posted on the Notice Board. Registration is open for all racing and social events HERE.
Registration actions required by you:
- Register now. Late fees start August 10.
- The OHC and Nantucket Regatta require a CRF 2022 rating (or PHRF-NE rating for non-classic boats). You can get your CRF rating HERE.
- We are creating a brochure highlighting every boat in the Opera House Cup, using your boat photo and member profile from the Classic Yacht Owners Association. If you are not a member of the CYOA, please join now HERE.
- If you need a mooring, contact Diana Brown at email@example.com. We still have some moorings available.
Schedule of Events
Friday, August 19
- Day one of The Nantucket Regatta presented by Triago ($200 registration)
- Casual Crew Dinner at the Great Harbor Yacht Club ($55 per person)
- The OHC 50th Gala – sold out fundraising event at the Nantucket Hotel, featuring dinner, dancing to the Perry Rossi Orchestra, live and silent auctions
Saturday, August 20
- Day two of The Nantucket Regatta presented by Triago
- Classic Yacht Exhibition ($20 per person), featuring some of the best boats designed by the greatest wooden boat designers of the past century, Straight Wharf, Nantucket Boat Basin
- Sponsor Party on board a private luxury yacht, Nantucket Boat Basin
- Crew Dinner and Nantucket Regatta Awards Ceremony at the Great Harbor Yacht Club ($45 per person)
Sunday, August 21
- Parade of Wooden Boats, accompanied by a brochure with photos and descriptions of all OHC competitors
- Rainbow Fleet Parade around Brant Point Lighthouse
- 50th Opera House Cup Regatta presented by Blue Flag Partners ($300 registration)
- Opera House Cup Awards Party under the tents at Jetties Beach (limited number of reserved tables for ten people at $1600, or individual tickets at $125 per person)
Opera House Cup Regatta information
Last year we announced some significant changes to the Opera House Cup Regatta, based on interviews with many participants. The changes include:
- Boats will be scored using the Classic Yacht Owner's Association (CYOA) Divisions
- There will be one or two Overall Trophy Winners – for the plank-on-frame boat with the best corrected time and for the boat with the best corrected time
- Pursuit start
- Addition of a windward leg
- Corinthian trophy – For the boat with the best corrected time with an all amateur crew
- The Invitational Division for boats not eligible to compete for the Opera House Cup Trophy but contribute to the overall spectacle of the regatta
- Commodores' Cup – For the boat with the best combined corrected time for the Nantucket Regatta and Opera House Cup, including Invitational Division boats
What remains the same:
- All boats must have a wooden hull or be historically significant
- No spinnakers
- Divisions may be created for one design classes, such as Alerions, 12 Metres, and Concordias
- Amateur and family crews are encouraged
Moorings and Slips
- Nantucket moorings and dock slips are limited, and there is little anchorage space, so we strongly recommend that you reserve NOW.
- Nantucket Moorings reservations are available now through DOCKWA
- Nantucket Boat Basin slip reservations are available now
- If you get stuck, Nantucket Community Sailing has reserved a limited number of moorings from August 18 – 22 and we will do our best to help you.
- Accommodations in August are expensive and hard to find. Please make your arrangements as soon as possible. Nantucket Accommodations at 508-228-9559 can help with hotels, B&Bs and house rentals.
Thank you to our Sponsors
Blue Flag Partners is an integrated collection of investment, real estate, construction and hospitality industry experts who are, first and foremost, explorers. Their focus is luxury hospitality and residential projects in the Northeast, including some extraordinary properties on Nantucket. The Blue Flag logo honors the iconic nautical flag that signals the beginning of a voyage, and exemplifies the spirit of Blue Flag's team in creating bold, inviting, and exceptional projects.
Triago is a global integrated team offering comprehensive services to the private equity community, helping General Partners and Limited Partners with every aspect of their fundraising, secondary, and strategic development operations. Triago's 30 years of experience provides their clients with exceptional market intelligence, connections, and innovative options.
Nantucket Race Week and the Opera House Cup are the primary fundraising events for Nantucket Community Sailing, a 501(c)(3) charitable non-profit organization. Your support allows NCS to teach 1,000 kids to sail and provides $150,000 in scholarships and free sailing to underserved children and adults each year. Since our founding in 1994 we have taught 15,000 children and granted over $1M in sailing scholarships. Your registration, sponsorship and Friends of the Cup donation directly support our sailing programs.
For further information: 508-228-6600 or firstname.lastname@example.org