Opera House Cup News
Opera House Cup Update
August 2, 2021
Dear OHC skippers and potential skippers:
We look forward to welcoming you to the 49th annual Opera House Cup Regatta on August 22. If you haven't already done so, you can register for the regatta and social events HERE.
- You are also encouraged to register for the Nantucket Regatta, August 20 -21, which is part of the Classic Yacht Owners Association Series.
- When you register for the OHC, you can also sign up for casual, fun dinner options on Friday (at Cisco Brewery, $45 per person) and Saturday night (at the Great Harbor Yacht Club, $25 per person) for your crew, as well as the OHC awards party on Sunday night (at Jetties Beach, $75 per person). No tickets are included with your registration.
- Based on the current COVID surge, we will likely require proof of vaccine to attend the social events.
- In honor of the incredible and historic boats that compete in the OHC, we are creating a brochure of the boats in the race. In order to have your boat in the brochure, please become a member of the Classic Yacht Owners Association and upload your boat photo and profile to their website, which we will download for the brochure. Please do this before August 9.
- If you try to get a mooring or slip you will hear that everything is filled. Back in March Nantucket Community Sailing reserved several moorings for Nantucket Regatta and OHC boats. We still have a couple left, so let us know if you need a mooring. Otherwise, you will have to raft or anchor.
- We will soon be posting an Amendment to the OHC Notice of Race and the Sailing Instructions, which will be on the OHC Digital Notice Board and emailed to all registered boats.
Don't hesitate to contact us if you have any questions.
The Opera House Cup Committee